Tuesday, April 13

First assignment. Completed.

wohoo~ After rushing about 1 week, finally i'm done with my first assignment for both Design Studies and me as a design student. Like what Michelle said yesterday, after saw the print out, felt quite proud for them, and it's true. It's the first time for most of us to express our own concepts into posters. Done with the presentation today, quite relief. I was too nervous till everything gone blank in my mind when I was up there, just like the previous times. Got stuck in the middle, but manage to BLAA finished it. ;) *clapclap for michele for being able to done those.gege*

So this is my first poster. POSTER1. noname. sosad.

So my first poster, is about a basketballer trying to throw the ball into the net. My concept is that the basketballer, which is in black, represents everyone of us, whereas I replace the ball with an Earth instead of a basketball. The earth is larger than the net, so that it is ‘stuck’ on the ring of the net and it keeps the earth from falling. This is the idea of mine showing the way to protect the earth. But it is not well visualized, so I came out with the idea of 3R. There is a message that urges people to reduce, reuse and recycle. The net also acts as a bin. Since the earth, which acts as a ‘thing’, is larger, it cant be thrown into it, and have to apply on the 3R concept. So that the next generation can live in a better environment.


POSTER2. '...stop deforestation, experience the nature lively.'


As for the second poster, ‘stop deforestation, experience the nature lively’ is my theme. I get this concept quite meaningful as I make it a design of a child is looking on the nature or forest view through a laptop or television. There is a real nature’s image in the laptop and real image of a child for my poster while the background is all surrounded with cartoon drawn concrete buildings. This is to let the viewers focus on the real image and emphasize on my theme that if deforestation and construction continue, the future earth will no longer have enough trees around, so as to the children will not have the chance to view and experience the beauty of nature lively.


POSTER3. '...money or power is nothing without the earth.'


Lastly, the third poster, ‘money or power is nothing without the earth’ will be my theme. It is a simple design, but has meaning on it. Since most people nowadays are quite realistic and selfish, they care more on money then the only one earth. So I put a safe on the whole poster for my design, with the earth inside the safe, emphasizing that we should keep our earth save and protected too, and money or power is nothing without the earth. We cannot be a happy millionaire or powerful person without a healthy earth to spend with.


HEheh. i just C&P the description of my concepts from the Journal. I made my concept with the same title for 3 of them, but different themes. I know my english ain't good. My dad even said so.lol Rushing to done it bahr yesterday night. erh..don't wanna care it already. DONE! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment